Terms & Conditions
Premier League and Barclays FA Women’s Super League Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the rules for this Promotion. Make sure you read them carefully and understand them all before you enter the draw.
Barclays is running a series of promotions each week until Thursday 26th March 2020 giving existing Barclays Customers (as defined in Clause 3) the chance to win tickets to their preferred 2019/20 football match. The Promotions provide Barclays Customers with an opportunity to win:
- two standard tickets to a Premier League match (“Premier League Draw”) or
- four standard tickets to a Barclays FA Women’s Super League match (“Barclays FA Women’s Super League Draw”), (together, the “Prize Draws”).
The submission form for the Prize Draws will clearly set out the fixtures available each week, along with the number of tickets being offered as the Prize. There will be 1 winner per fixture listed – to see a list of the dates for the Prize Draws and the number of winners each week, please see Clause 20.
By entering, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
1. “Barclays”, the "Promoter" “we”, “us” and “ours” means Barclays Bank UK PLC of 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP
2. “Barclays Employee” means a full time or part time employee on a permanent or fixed term contract of the following entities: Barclays Bank UK PLC, Barclays Bank PLC and Barclays Execution Services Limited.
3. “Barclays Customer” means customers who have a personal current account with Barclays. For the purposes of this promotion only, this definition includes Barclays Employees (as defined above) who have a personal current account with Barclays.
Who may enter?
4. The Prize Draws are open to existing Barclays Customers (including those who are Barclays Employees), aged 18 or over, who are based in the UK (excluding Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man), and have downloaded the Barclays app.
5. You are not eligible for the Prize Draws, if you are materially connected to the administration of the Prize Draws.
How to enter
6. The series of Prize Draws (individually a “Prize Draw”) will run between 00:01am on Thursday 19th December 2019 and 00:00am on Thursday 26th March 2020 (the “Promotion Period”).
7. The Prize Draw will start at 00:01am on a Thursday and close at 00:00am on the following Thursday during the Promotion Period, in accordance with the table set out at Clause 20
8. For avoidance of doubt, the Prize Draws will run every week of the Promotion Period and will be dependent on match fixtures. Full details of the fixtures available as Prizes will be published within the Barclays app, by clicking on the banner ‘Your chance to win’ and following the journey to the submission form for the week.
9. Entries made after this time will not be valid, even if they appear to be registered.
10. Entry into each Prize Draw is free.
11. To enter a Prize Draw, you must:
a. Click on the banner ‘Your chance to win’ within the Barclays app; and
b. Complete the online submission form for your preferred match from those available for the relevant week.
Please note: when you’re choosing a game, the tickets will be for the home club’s stand and can’t be used by away supporters.
12. The online submission form will require you to submit your name, home address, email address and mobile number. This information will be used in accordance with Clauses 28 – 32. You will also be asked to select the match you would like to attend from those on offer for that applicable week, as made clear in submission form.
13. You can enter the Premier League Draw and the Barclays FA Women’s Super League Draw each week, but can only win one Prize Draw in any given week. In the event that the same winner is selected for both Prize Draws, final selection will be the subject to the Promoter’s discretion.
14. Lost, delayed, undelivered, incomplete or incorrect entries will not be entered into the Prize Draws.
15. Entries with obscenities, that are of a defamatory nature, or infringe any third party rights will be excluded from the Prize Draws.
16. Each Prize Draw winner will win (a) two standard tickets to the Premier League fixture; or (b) four standard tickets to a Barclays FA Women’s Super League fixture, that they have selected as their preferred match on the submission form when entering (the “Prize”) each week.
17. The winners are responsible for all expenses in connection with the Prize, including parking, travel and accommodation.
18. The Prize has no cash equivalent, and no alternatives will be offered. The Prize and participation in the Prize Draws cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred, and may be subject to additional terms and conditions of the Premier League, the Barclays FA Women’s Super League, and the individual football ground/club. However, in the event that the Prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to offer alternative prizes of equal or greater value.
19. In the event that a fixture offered as a Prize is rescheduled, the original ticket will be valid for the new date. In such circumstances, the Promoter will notify the winners who are affected.
Selecting the Winner
20. During the Promotion Period, the number of winners for the Premier League Draw and the Women’s Super League Draw may vary depending on the number of fixtures available in each week, as set out within the table below:
|Relevant Prize Draw||Total number of winners||Number of winners in total for Premier League Fixtures||Number of winners in total for Barclays FA Women’s Super League Fixtures|
Prize Draw week 1
(00:01am Thursday 19 December 2019– 00:00am Thursday 26 January 2020) will be drawn on 2 January due to public holidays.
Prize Draw week 2
(00:01am Thursday 26 December 2019– 00:00am Thursday 2 January 2020)
Prize Draw week 3
(00:01am Thursday 2 January – 00:00am Thursday 9 January)
Prize Draw week 4
(00:01am on Thursday 9 January – 00:00am on Thursday 16 January)
Prize Draw week 5
(00:01am on Thursday 16 January – 00:00am on Thursday 23 January)
Prize Draw week 6
(00:01am on Thursday 23 January – 00:00am on Thursday 30 January)
Prize Draw week 7
(00:01am on Thursday 30 January– 00:00am on Thursday 6 February)
Prize Draw week 8
(00:01am on Thursday 6 February – 00:00am on Thursday 13 February)
Prize Draw week 9
(00:01am on Thursday 13 February – 00:00am on Thursday 20 February )
Prize Draw week 10
(00:01am on Thursday 20 February – 00:00am on Thursday 27 February)
Prize Draw week 11
(00:01am on Thursday 27 February – 00:00am on Thursday 5 March)
Prize Draw week 12
(00:01am on Thursday 5 March – 00:00am on Thursday 12 March)
Prize Draw week 13
(00:01am on Thursday 12 March – 00:00am on Thursday 19 March)
Prize Draw week 14
(00:01am on Thursday 19 March – 00:00am on Thursday 26 March)
21. The exact fixtures available as Prizes will be listed in the relevant Prize Draw submission form, unless stated otherwise.
22. The winners of each Prize Draw will be drawn at random by an independent party, Promovertias, by 5pm the next working day after the relevant Prize Draw closes (the "Draw Date"), with the exception of Prize Draw week 1 (19th December – 26th December) where owing to Public Holidays the Prize Draw will be fulfilled the following week, 2nd January 2020.
23. The Promoter will notify the winners by email ("Winning notification") within 48 working hours of the Draw Date. The Promoter can replace any entrant selected as the winner if:
a. the entrant cannot be reached by email and/or phone using the details supplied in the online submission form, within forty-eight (48) hours of the entrant being notified they have won or;
b. the Promoter reasonably believes that the entrant has broken one of these rules.
24. The winners will receive details of their tickets by email from BUKSponsorships@barclayscorp.com and receive them by post via the Barclays hospitality team – this will be specified by the Promoter when contacting the winner.
25. With the exception of any winner who has requested a suppression of their details under applicable data protection laws, the surname and county of the winner(s) will be made available to anyone sending an email entitled ‘Premier League and Barclays FA Women’s Super League prize draw,’ to the following email address: BUKSponsorships@barclayscorp.com, within twenty-eight (28) days of the published closing date.
26. Winners of this promotion can request for a suppression of any disclosure of their details, subject to any requirements to share promotion prize winners information with relevant regulators or to fulfil a legal requirement. All winners will be offered this right at the point of the Winning Notification, detailed in Clause 23.
27. The Promoter’s selection of the winner is final. No other correspondence will be entered into.
28. We will verify that you are a Barclays Customer by using your name and home address – please ensure you record your details as they appear on your Barclays personal current account. The email address and phone number you submit as part of your entry will be used to contact you, if you have won either of the Prize Draws.
29. Barclays will only collect, store and use your personal information for the purposes of entering you into and administering the Prize Draws as set out in these rules, and not for any other purpose without your consent. This will not affect any existing marketing preferences that you have registered with Barclays.
30. By entering the Prize Draws, you consent that your personal information may be transferred to our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) to store and use as necessary to administer the Prize Draw. Barclays will ensure that any third parties processing or storing your personal information for the Prize Draws shall comply with the same data protection requirements as Barclays. If required, the winner of the Prize Draw consents to their personal address being transferred to a courier company/postal service for the purpose of delivering the Prize.
31. Personal information for all entrants will be held on record for as short a period of time as necessary to administer the Promotion and then securely destroyed. Personal information for winners will be held on file for a period of up to 12 months.
33. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or disappointment suffered in connection with the Prize Draws (including any damage to your or any other person’s computer or mobile phone equipment as a consequence of downloading or accessing any materials), or any delays or failure (in whole or in part) to perform any of its obligations if such delay or failure is caused by something beyond its reasonable control.
34. For winner(s) who are Barclays Employees only: To the extent the Prize will be treated by HM Revenue and Customs as a taxable benefit in kind, Barclays will pay the full UK tax and social security liability arising on the associated benefit-in-kind on behalf of the winner(s). This will not affect the winning participants’ personal tax liabilities.
35. Owing to exceptional circumstances outside its reasonable control, the Promoter may choose to withdraw or amend the Prize Draws.
36. By submitting an entry, you warrant that all information submitted as part of the entry is true, current and complete. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries.
37. These rules shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any disputes arising in respect of the Prize Draws.